Friday, May 4, 2007

Inroduction to my Investments

Although I never intended this blog to be one with daily posts ,I did not think it would be this long between posts. I will be starting one of the main themes today. That is a discussion of my investment decisions. But before I get to them, a few words of caution.

Not everybody should have the same investments. Every one has their own financial circumstances, their own goals, and their own risk tolerance. I don't know your financial situation or your investment goals, and trying to cover all possible combinations would take a book. However risk is much simpler. I have a very high risk tolerance and many of the investments I make have quite high risks. One of the reasons that I can sleep at night is that I have a history of being a successful investor. If I make a bad decision on a particular investment I know that I will make enough good decisions to more than make up for my losses. I will be posting a series on investment strategies where I will be going into more detail on my views of risk, but you should be aware that there is a high level of risk in many of the investments that I will be discussing.

No comments: