Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The New Kid on the Block

A brand new blogger has entered an already crowded universe. What can you expect to see discussed in this blog? Eventually a wide range of topics, but, at least for now, primarily Canadian politics and investments. I had thought of starting two blogs, one for each major theme, but decided to combine them into one. While you may be primarily interested in one or the other main themes, I hope that you will at least read the posts on any other topics. Anybody who has had money invested in trust for the last two years knows that they are interconnected.

I will discuss my investment philosophy in general and give you specific examples of investment decisions I have made and the reasons for them have been very successful over the long term, considerably out performing the TSX index. Of course past performance does not always indicate future performance, so I may be setting myself up for a public record of how badly my portfolio will perform in the future.

On the political side I will be posting my thoughts on certain topics, sometimes in brief comments, sometimes looking at things that might not be obvious at first glance, hence the indepth part of my blog title.

Hopefully you will find my posts interesting and informative, sometimes amusing or infuriating but worth an occasional visit

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome, sir!

I have mostly been interested in investment discussions with you. We got into some of that over at Joanne's, especially during the income trust debate, but the thread ended or moved on to something else. I still don't feel I understand it as well as I'd like.

I haven't done much investing in several years, other than banking cash, and I am getting interested again. My usual comment that I still have 100% of what I have put in is wearing a little thin.

You show a lot of insight in that, so I will visit.

Swift said...

ls, we are a study in opposites: you not conservative politally, extremely conservative financially; me consevative politically, definatly not financially.

Siscoe said...

Welcome to the Universe swift.

Or should I say echo-chamber :) Sometimes, anyway.

Joanne (True Blue) said...

I'm a little late to the party here, Swift, but I am looking forward to being enlightened by your financial know-how.